Clay County Membership Information
CHANGES FOR 2020
The Clay County YMCA wants to thank you for your support and choosing to be a YMCA member. Over the past year we have spent time listening to our members and researching ways to increase the value of being a YMCA member. The YMCA is pleased to notify you of some significant changes beginning on January 1, 2020.
The changes include the following:
- The YMCA will be eliminating the one year membership commitment. Members who join will not be bound to a 12 month commitment to the YMCA. In place of the 12 month commitment, the YMCA will require a 30 day cancellation notice to terminate your YMCA membership.
- The $10 monthly Child Watch fee will be eliminated. This service will be included with the purchase of all household YMCA memberships. Any child that needs to use Child Watch and is not a YMCA member will need to pay the $10 monthly fee.
- The YMCA has created a Young Adult Membership category for adults ages 19 – 30 for a monthly price of $19.
- New Group Exercise Classes will be offered.
|Membership Categories||2020 Monthly Rates|
|Youth (18 & Under)||$13.00|
|Young Adult (ages 19-30)||$19.00|
|Adult (ages 31+)||$30.00|
|1 Adult + Household||$37.00|
|Senior (Age 62+)||$22.00|
|1 Senior + Household||$27.00|
|2 Adults + Household||$44.00|
|2 Seniors (62+)||$28.00|
|2 Seniors + Household||$31.00|
More Than A Gym
The Y aims to improve the community's health and well-being by providing programs and activities that promote wellness, reduce risk for disease and help others reclaim their health. These programs and everything else the Y does are in service of making us—our Ys and our communities—better. The result is a country that values health and communities that support healthy choices.
Serving families has always been at the heart of the Y. We are a place where you can find respite from social, economic and educational challenges, and learn how to overcome them. We have a fundamental desire to provide opportunities for every family to build stronger bonds, achieve greater work/life balance and become more engaged with their communities.
Whether you’re new to the community or simply want to pursue a new hobby, the Y brings together people who love to learn. Whether you want to cook new dishes, join a Bible study, create pottery or speak a new language—you’ll learn right alongside others from your community who share your interests.
VALUE OF A YMCA MEMBERSHIP!
We’re a community. Here, surrounded by friends as well as by caring, knowledgeable staff, you can nurture your spirit, mind and body in ways you never imagined. But since that’s a little hard to quantify, here are some other great benefits to being a Y member:
- Unlimited access to two state-of-the-art YMCA membership branches in Clay and Vigo Counties
- Child care in our ChildWatch while you are exercising for just $10/month
- Connect with other members
- Free participation in hundreds of group exercise classes like Power Pump, Cycle & Core, Zumba® and Aquatics - every week for every fitness level!
- Free participation in the Taking on Obesity (TOO) program including nutritional guidance, personalized fitness planning, group support and more
- Professionally trained staff support at every phase of your Y experience
- Member rates on family programs, youth and adult sports, swim lessons, day camps, and so much more!
- With a Y membership you also have the option to use any participating YMCA in Indiana through the state reciprocity program.
- Invitations to free community and family social events such as Breakfast with Santa
- Monthly Parent’s Night Out events, where you can enjoy an evening with adults while your kids are having fun at the Y
- Youth fitness classes such as dance and tumbling
Active Military and Veterans
The Y will waive the joiner fee for any active military members and veterans with the appropriate identification shown upon sign up. Join today and let the Y carry the weight for a little while. Thank you for your service.
If you are looking for a partner in fitness and wellness to improve the health and overall productivity of your organization, download our brochure today and contact your local Y
BENEFITS TO YOUR COMPANY
- Reduces Cost of Healthcare
- Improves Employees Health Behaviors
- Reduces Absenteeism
- Improves Employee Productivity
- Reduces Elevated Health Risks
- Encourages Healthy Choices
- Offers Volunteer Opportunities, Boosting Employee Morale
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYEES
- Nationwide Membership
- Variety of Group Exercise Classes
- Child Care while Working Out
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Life Changing Challenges
- Youth and Adult Sports Opportunities